Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Neurosurgeon Ben Carson Becomes a Hit on YouTube

Dr. Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast With Obama

Dr. Benjamin Carson. A pediatric Neurosurgeon. I stand in awe of this man just for what that title represents. If you are not impressed with Dr. Benjamin's title, read these two  books:

When the Air Hits Your Brain - Tales of Neurosurgery, by Frank Vertosick, J.R., M.D.
First Do No Harm: Reflections on Becoming a Brain Surgeon, by J. Kenyon Rainer

I recall an anecdote in one of these books where the author says that a person is never a real neurosurgeon until he (or she) has had an aneurysm burst in the brain while performing neurosurgery. Dr. Carson is a very educated man and he earned the right to speak at the National Prayer Breakfast with the President.

I worked in healthcare for 9 years, but I was more of a 'worker bee'. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant and an EKG Tech (see About Me).  I was the guy who brought coffee to people like Dr. Carson (well, doctors usually got their own coffee, but I would often get coffee for their patients - usually decaf!).

Dr. Carson stirred up a lot of controversy by his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. Many felt his comments were offensive. I did not think they were offensive at all. Dr. Carson's speech was a breath of fresh air in a very stale room.

Recommended video:

Conservative Doctor Tells Hannity Why He Spoke Out Against Obama's Policies

Also check out:

Five Things You Didn't Know About Dr. Carson - National Review Online

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)