Thursday, February 14, 2013

What's the Big Deal About Owning a Gun?

For years liberals (in both parties) have said conservatives are paranoid about the government coming after their guns. But at least a casual glance at todays headlines makes me wonder whether conservatives have a right to be paranoid:

Missouri Democrats Call for Gun Confiscation - Infowars
Misssouri Democrats Introduce Legislatiom to Confiscate Firearms - Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons - Gateway Pundit
Washington State Law Would Make Almost All Gun Owners Criminals - Infowars

I think Jesus was serious when he said, "But I say unto you, that ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:39). Our Lord Jesus also said, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves. Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16).

 I don't own a gun. I don't ever plan on buying one. But I am a fierce defender of the Second Amendment and the right of American citizens to own guns (including semiautomatic assault weapons).

I used to think guns were for shooting animals (that you intend to eat) and protecting against criminals breaking into your house. Now I believe that the main purpose of the Second Amendment is to arm citizens so they can protect themselves - against their government!

As one 'wise serpent' once said: "Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually wind up plowing for those who didn't." (Benjamin Franklin)

Recommended reading:

What Happens When Governments Disarm Their Citizens? - Warrior Times
Tortured for Christ, by Pastor Richard Wurmbrand







How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)