Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Why Should I Become A Christian?

If you are like me, you keep a To Do list.  I would like you to consider squeezing in about 30 minutes to listen to this very important sermon by Dr. David Murray:

12 Reasons to Be a Christian

The text for this sermon is Acts 26:28.  The Apostle Paul is standing before King Agrippa, and the King says to Paul:

"Almost Persuaded thou me to become a Christian."

Hymn writer Philip Bliss (1838-1876) wrote the following hymn based on this verse:

1.  Almost persuaded, now to believe
Almost persuaded, Christ to receive;
Seams now some soul to say,
Go, Spirit, go Thy way.
Some more convenient day
on Thee, I'll call.

2. Almost persuaded, come, come today;
Almost persuaded, turn not away; 
Jesus invites you here, 
Angels are lingering near,
Prayers rise from hearts so dear,
Come, wanderer, come.

3. Almost persuaded, Harvest is past!
Almost persuaded, doom comes at last.
Almost cannot avail,
Almost is but to fail,
Sad, sad that bitter wail,
Almost but lost!


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)