Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Read the Whole Bible in 2014! Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I'm going to try to read through the whole Bible this year. Why don't you join me? There are many different websites that offer reading plans to read the Bible in a year. The one I chose is Read the KJV Bible in One Year. So for today, let's read Chapters 1-4  in the book of Philippians.

Special verse(s):

Philippians 1

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Chris..." - Philippians 1:6

"But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel..." - Philippians 1:12

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." - Philippians 1:21

"Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ..." - Philippians 1:27
Philippians 2


"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." - Philippians 2:5-13

Philippians 3

"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death..."  - Philippians 3:10

"...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:13,14

Philippians 4

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.  Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." - Philippians 4:4-8

"...for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." - Philippians 4:11

 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13

" But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19

Note: If you have a reading disability that makes it difficult or impossible to read along with me this year, please consider going to Biblegateway.com and listening to the Bible. This is a great site with many resources, one of which is an audio version of the Bible

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)