Friday, September 30, 2016

The Daily Spurgeon for Friday, September 30, 2016

Quotes by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

"And now I see you again. You are not only poor, but you are maimed. There was a time when you thought you could work out your own salvation without God's help, when you could perform good works, attend to ceremonies, and get to heaven by yourselves; but now you are maimed, the sword of the law has cut off your hands, and now you can work no longer...To you am I sent also. Before you am I to lift up the blood-stained banner of the cross, to you am I to preach this gospel, 'Whoso calleth upon the name of the Lord shall be saved;' and unto you am I to cry, 'Whosoever will, let him come and take of the water of life freely.'" - From Spurgeon's Sermon Compel Them to Come In


Further recommended reading & listening:

The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)