Sunday, September 16, 2012

How to Start an Underground Church - and Why


I take church attendance and church membership very seriously. The Bible says:
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin willfully, after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." (Hebrews 10:25,26)
But I don't advocate that you just join the first (or second or third!) church you see.  In my Bible reading today I read I John 4:1, which says:
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets are gone out into the world..."
I am not a minister and I am not starting my own church. But there may come a time when Christians all over the globe will need to reevaluate the church they are in and seriously consider leaving (because the church they belong to has become apostate), or even starting their own church.  I think we are coming close to that time in America.
And so I want to refer you to a message by Richard Wurmbrand titled:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)