Sunday, September 16, 2012

Batman, Movies, and Murder!


Never listen to anyone who tells you, 'Do what I say and not what I do.' The Apostle Paul tells his readers, "Be ye followers of me, even as I follow Christ." (I Corinthians 11:1)
But if someone tells you they are struggling with a particular sin, and they want to warn you not to follow them, well, maybe you should listen to them.
Along with most of the people in America today, I am a child of the movies. I have not lived in a cave. I know who many of the movie stars of the past 50 years are. And I have watched way way too many movies. I'm not proud of that. And I'm not recommending you follow in my foot steps. But I want to be honest with you. I am striving to make a clean break with the television, and I have only went to 2 movies at a theater in the past 10 years. 
But I want to take this opportunity to point you to a couple of godly men whom I believe you would do well to follow (because they follow christ!):
Batman, Movies and Murder, part I, by Joey Faust
Batman, Movies and Murder, part II, by Joey Faust
Should Christians watch movies? by Dr. David Murray
Also, check out these two great poems:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)