Sunday, September 16, 2012

This One's for You, Abby!

"Roses are black
Violets are violence
I'll tie you up to a rack
and gag you with my silence"

I like medical mysteries. I have read many of Patricia Cornwell's books, as well as the novels by Dr. Robin Cook. I also like shows like NCIS where science is used to solve a crime. And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't like Abby (played by Pauley Perrette).

But I do find Abby's "Gothness" disturbing. I have heard that in real life she is not into the Goth culture at all - that this is just a part of her character for the show. I hope that is true.

Unfortunately, fans tend to emulate their favorite stars. And Abby has a lot of fans. She is sort of a 'Goodwill Ambassador' for the Goth Culture.

I just want to make 2 very brief comments about Goth:

1. First of all, I would recommend that Abby (Pauley Perrette) and all of her millions of fans listen to the following "real life Gothic Sermon:"How to Benefit From A Funeral."

2. Second of all, for those who are searching for truth - and hoping to find it in the Goth culture, I would ask them to check out this sermon: Demons and Magic

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)