Sunday, September 16, 2012

"I'm in a Hurry and Don't Know Why" - Alabama

"I'm in a hurry to get things done,
I rush and rush until life's no fun;
All I really need to do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and Don't know why."

There are a lot of good methods to help people manage their time better. Tools like Franklin Planner and Day Timer have been extremely popular in business, and probably everyone has at one time or another kept a basic 'To Do' list.

One of the keys to effective time management is developing the ability to set priories.  If your 'To Do' list has 10 things on it, probably only one or two really have to get done today. If you run out of time, you could go to the store tomorrow or next week. The lawn doesn't have to get cut today.  And even if you are working on an important project for  your job or business, well, maybe that could be put off for a day or two as well.

But there is only one thing that you really need to do today. If you get kicked out of your home, well you can go to a mission or live on the streets. If the finance company takes your car back, you can walk or take the bus.  But if you die in your sins you're going to stand before a Holy God who is going to judge you and send you to an eternity in hell fire.

The latter day Puritan, Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones, once said, "Stop and ask yourself, 'What am I doing?' You will be dead long before this world will ever be put right. What therefore will happen to you?'

And another latter day Puritan, Charles Hadden Spurgeon once said:

"But did I hear you whisper that this was not a convenient time? Well then, what must I say to you? When will that convenient time come? Shall it come when you are in hell? Will that time be convenient for you? ...No Sir, this morning is the convenient time. May God make it so. Remember, I have no authority to ask you to come to Christ tomorrow. The Master has given you no invitation to come to him next Tuesday. The invitation is 'Today if ye hear his voice, harden not your hearts..."

__________________________
Recommended listening:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)