Sunday, September 16, 2012

Let's Make A Dope Deal!

I have a confession to make: I have never seen any of the Cheech & Chong movies. I'm sure that revelation doesn't leave you gasping for breath, but I bring it up because, while I have never seen any of the Cheech & Chong movies, I am old enough to remember their audio cassettes that came out in the 1970s.

One of their skits was titled Let's Make a Dope Deal.  This was a parody of the popular game show Let's Make a Deal, only the 'prize' the the contestants were after - behind the three windows - was drugs (and of course, if you chose the wrong window, well, you get 'busted!').

It was a very humorous tape for a teenage boy who grew up in the country and had only been to a big city once or twice in his life - and that with his parents!

But I recall one day my parents were invited to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with a relative who lived in a very large city. They had a teenage daughter - I think she was probably my second cousin - who lived at home with them.

One of my brothers and I were listening to the Cheech and Chong tape, Let's Make a Dope Deal, and my cousin (second cousin?) over heard it and asked if she could borrow it.  We said 'sure.'

Later I learned that my cousin was already heavily addicted to drugs. In fact, her addiction got so bad that at one point her parents had to kick her out of the house and lock the door to keep her from coming back inside!

That's been over 30 years ago, and I have no idea what ever became of my cousin. I had only met her once or twice before this at family gatherings, and I don't think I have seen her since that date.

I thought about this recently when I came across the following story: CIA Manages Drug Trade.  For people who do not subscribe to the conspiratorial theory of history (see Gary Allen's book None Dare Call it Conspiracy), reading an article like this can be unsettling. In fact, I have no doubt that many will reject the notion that the CIA is involved in the drug trade.

The CIA (and other government agencies, not the least of which is the United States military) are trying desperately to stop drugs from coming into this country. Or so we are told. I'm sorry but I don't believe it.

People who sell illegal drugs - and those who use them - are pawns in the hands of the wealthy elite who want to destroy America and surrender our sovereignty to a world government under the United Nations.

When that happens, the drug trade will stop. But don't expect much progress while the stars and stripes are still flying high!

See my post I Want to Get High

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)