Sunday, September 16, 2012

If You Like the Guy, It's Flirting. If You Don't, It's Sexual - Female Army Nurse

"54% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police." (Source)

"97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail." (Source)

Our crew usually meets together with the supervisor and the foreman before we began work. Yesterday one of my coworkers walked  up behind the supervisor and reached around him and place his hands over his chest. The supervisor just laughed it off.

Later this same guy started taunting one of the other coworkers. This man walked up behind him and shoved his pelvis into the mans rear end.  Both of them laughed it off, but I could tell this coworker was very uncomfortable with what just took place.

Later, during lunch break, this man kept taunting this coworker, saying things like, 'Hey, you wanna f**k? You want to make out? Come on, lets go into the bathroom!"

The foreman - who should have recognized this for the illegal sexual harassment it was - joined in on the fun - 'You want to do some coke?' he joked.

I wasn't the person effected by this incident, but every fiber in my body screamed out that I need to report this to my supervisor. But my supervisor had already given his unspoken permission to this man's actions when the guy reached over and started feeling my supervisors nipples - so I kept quiet!

Besides, I've read Michael Crichton's book, Discloser (A must read for anyone considering reporting sexual harassment in the workplace!). This is an issue that should be black and white - you feel you are being harassed sexually at work, you report it, the harassment stops. Period. But, as you will discover when you read Discloser, things don't always work out that way.

Of course, it doesn't help when one of the greatest perpetrators of sexual harassment is former President Bill Clinton ( See High Crimes and Misdemeanors - The Case against Bill Clinton, by Ann Coulter)

_________________
Recommended reading:


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)