Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Report: 25 Percent of Disability Benefits Improperly Awarded

Report: 25 Percent of Disability Benefits Improperly Awarded:

I think the about article is incorrect - I think the number of people getting on Social Security Disability - inappropriately - far exceeds 25%. I think it is probably closer to 50%.

I spent close to 9 years in prison, but for the 9 years prior to that I worked as a Certified Nursing Assistant in long term care and acute care (hospital) settings. I'm not an expert on medicine, but I have gotten to know real disabled people. And many of the people getting on Social Security Disability today have no business being on it.

What they need is a job. There are people in wheel chairs gainfully employees in every state in this country. The same is true with many other 'disabilities.'  There are many people on disability why are there because they do not want to work. They want to lay on the couch and watch movies on their big flat screen TV and play the latest video games on their new computers, while they text their friends on the smart phone. All of which they bought with their disability payments.



Bible reading for today
Today in the news


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)