Sunday, September 16, 2012

Carrie Underwood Endorses Gay Marraige

One of the very first posts I made on this site was titled "Why Jesus didn't take the wheel." This was just some thoughts on Contemporary Christian Musician Carrie Underwood's song, Jesus Take the Wheel. As I said in that post I like Carrie's song, but I wanted to point out that just because Jesus allows personal tragedy to come our way, it doesn't mean he he doesn't have his hand on the wheel.

I was disappointed to learn that Carrie Underwood, who has such a fan base among young Christians, has come out in favor of gay marriage. In the article Carrie Underwood Supports Gay Marriage, she says:

"Above all, God wanted us to love others. It's not about setting rules or [saying] 'everyone has to be like me'..We have to love each other and get along with each other. It's not up to me to judge anybody..."

She's right about one thing: it is not up to her to judge anybody. That is Jesus' job. And as the Bible says the day is coming when  "God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ..." (Romans 2:16)  And for practicing non-repentant homosexuals, our Lord Jesus is going to Judge them out of the book, the book being the Bible, specifically Romans 1:26,27 & 32:

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseamly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet...Who knowing the judgment of God,  that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

The Bible says, "...be not many masters, knowing we shall receive the greater condemnation." (James 3:1) God is going to hold ministers of the gospel to a higher standard than those who don't hold that office. But our Lord Jesus says that all of us are going to give account of 'every idle word' we speak.  Our Lord Jesus says:

"But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak they shall give account therof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

As a 'Christian blogger,' I feel that responsibility.  I know that every idle word that I publish on this site I am going to be held accountable for by my Lord Jesus. But the same thing is true for Christian musicians like Carrie Underwood. Please Carrie, reread Romans One, repent, and retract what you said about gay marriage.
______________________________
Recommended  listening:


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)